Thursday, June 20, 2024

Hôtel Nouveau Monde - Saint Malo, FR

 


One last walk on the ramparts of Mont Saint Michel before departing for Saint Malo.  There is an interesting hiking trail at Point de Grouin that leads to the very most northern tip of Brittany.  After a brisk walk, it’s lunch time and, of course, there is a brasserie right there.  While Deb plays it safe with a melon salad, I go all out with some raw Cancale oysters (harvested about 100 ft away) followed by a seafood salad of smoked salmon, shrimp (whole) and whelks (in the shell).  My stomach is not exactly sure what to make of what I have been eating recently.  

Rum Baba (so good)

Back to Saint Malo, drop off the car and hike to the hotel.  Our room overlooks the ocean and its high tide with the waves crashing into the sea wall.  While I am out getting some wine, Deb has discovered that she is about three days short on clothes.  I was wondering what we would do tomorrow.  A quick google check finds a laundromat nearby, so tomorrow is set!

Deb says it’s time for dinner, my stomach says way too early.  I have found the perfect place that serves pork and beef. Unfortunately, they are having a private party.  The Italian restaurant down the street is closed on Mercredi.  After some discussion, we decide that it is indeed Mercredi (Wednesday).  We settle on a restaurant that in English would be called “Mouth to Ear.”  The food is delicious, I opt for a non-seafood, non-crepe, non-omelette dish, I get the lamb while Deb has salmon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment