Friday, May 11, 2018

Baton Rouge KOA - Denham Springs, LA

Today was a short day, 250 Miles or so, finishing at a KOA...our maintenance stops.  We watched a 5th wheel decide to take an exit at the last minute, up on two wheels...gonna be some broken dishes in that rig.  Deb checking out the route ahead saw all red on Google maps.  Instead of getting into town and then doing a Walmart run, Deb suggested we stop a at Walmart ahead of the red, do our shopping and continue on later.

Our shopping included new sneakers for me.  I stepped up to $25 sneakers, maybe they will last longer than the $10 pairs that I hav3 been buying.  Deb wanted a Fitbit for Mothers’s day...what ever happened to flowers and chocolates.

Back on the highway again it was clear sailing.  Got to the KOA, they had just got their power back and were working on internet...seems there was a big accident on the interstate that cut the power to the whole town.  Of course, we already knew that.

Deb did laundry, I cleaned the bugs off the prow, and then we both went to the pool.

It’s Friday, so it’s date night.  I found a Cajun Restaurant rated #1 on Trip Advisor.  Deb had already said that we should do Cajun.  Dinner at the Don’s restaurant was awesome, we both had gumbo, hers chicken and andouille sausage, mine seafood.  Apparently, in my zeal to eat Cajun food, I missed Deb’s interest in the Greek restaurant across the street from the KOA.  My bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment