
Narcissus passionale
All in all, it was a great trip. The weather was meh, but that was expected. As they say, “Four seasons, every day, welcome to Scotland.” To paraphrase Mark Twain, the coldest winter I ever saw, was an August in Scotland! The food was, for the most part, not very interesting, unless you are really into fish and chips.
Edinburgh was pretty much overrun by tourists especially on the Royal Mile and Princess Street, but it was nice once you got away from those areas. Dundee and Aberdeen were fine but not much to do. Inverness was our favorite place. There was a lot of old world charm in every city, with fascinating architecture from times long gone by.
We were somewhat apprehensive about hiking 10 miles a day, but the Fife Coastal Path was beautiful and interesting, I almost wished we were able to do more of it. We had mixed reviews of the Isle of Skye. It had rained so everything was muddy and wet.

Hydrangia
If we were ever to go back, I think I would try to make Fort William my base for exploring. I don’t think we gave it justice, although it’s another place with way too many tourists/travelers/hikers.
The busses and trains were great. All the busses seemed brand new, and the trains well used. Every bus and train we rode was full, even though they ran very often.
I got to take the Edinburgh Military Tattoo off my bucket list. It was as awesome as it was sixty years ago,
No comments:
Post a Comment