![]() |
| RRS Discovery |
Today was an explore Dundee, and we Dundat. Our first stop was the Victoria and Albert Museum. For the decade or so that I have been blogging, I have tried to stay positive. I was having trouble with the architecture of the V&A Museum, so I asked chatGPT for help in how to say I think it’s ugly. “I haven’t yet learned to appreciate its uncompromising sculptural qualities.” I guess it’s suppose to represent the cliffs of Scotland?!? It’s a huge building with very few exhibits, but the coffee was good.
On to the Discovery Museum. The RRS Discovery was a three masted tall ship with steam power, and was the first ship built from the keel up as a research ship. The mission was to explore Antarctica. As you walk from one exhibit room to the next you start to realize how difficult this trip was going to be.
The exhibit culminates with the ship itself. By this time you know so much about everything you are looking at. Absolutely excellent. We were so engrossed we didn’t realize it was after 1:00…we almost missed lunch - Italian.
After a one-one tie in Dominos we did an African-Caribbean dinner. BBQ ribs, Jimaca coleslaw, and of course, French fries.
Tomorrow off to Aberdeen.
![]() |
| V&A Museum |



No comments:
Post a Comment