Thursday, June 10, 2021

Schodack Island State Park - Castleton-on-Hudson, NY


 We are getting close to Massachusetts.  The plan is to be there for the week-end, so we have slowed our progress to a few hundred miles a day.  It was probably a good idea.  The first half of the drive from the finger lakes region was pretty hilly and since we travel with everything, including the kitchen sink, we tend to take hills very slowly.  We have driven through lots of state capitals and have enjoyed the architecture of the capital buildings.  Albany is no exception,  the capital building is a huge egg.  I was enjoying it so much that I missed my turn and ended up on the road that went directly to an elaborate tunnel under the egg itself.  My GPS just looked at me dumbfounded!  As it turns out the tunnel ends up in a u-turn right back out the other way exactly to where I wanted to be.  I sort of felt like I was the ball on a miniature golf course.

The park is lovely, but almost directly under the New State Thruway bridge over the Hudson, 

No comments:

Post a Comment