Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Watkins Glen State Park - Watkins Glen, NY

Gorge at Watkins Glen
As promised, we had an early start out of Findley State Park in Ohio.  As I went to throw our trash in the dumpster, I was met by four beady eyes.  Two raccoons had gotten stuck in the dumpster and could not get out.  I felt I should let someone know.  The camp host was right next to the dumpster, so I knocked on his door, figuring he should be up by 7:00.  He told me that the same two raccoons get stuck in the dumpster every Wednesday, because they can’t get out until it s half full.  They put a stick in the dumpster so they can crawl out.

After a nice Interstate drive, we arrive at Watkins Glen with enough time to walk through the Gorge. As Deb said, “It was gorge-ious!”  Lots of tourists.

This is really our last night out.  Tomorrow, we visit with family for a few days, and then home to whatever awaits us after being away a month and a half!

In the morning we decide for a very early start and leave in our PJ's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment