Friday, July 15, 2016

Elkhart North KOA - Granger, IN

Last night, I said to Deb, "Well, this is pretty much the official end of our vacation...the rest is just getting home." She said, "but there's no reason that we can't do fun stuff on the way home."  I said, "But it's all "I" states (Illinois and Indiana).”

Boy did we do fun stuff today...we drove the beltway around Chicago which took hours and then got stuck in a construction zone when the trailer from a tractor-trailer fell apart going over a bump.  To add to our problems, we lost an hour going from Central to Eastern time. We got into the KOA at  5:30 PM after leaving at 8:30 AM.  Deb managed to get a load of laundry done so she has some short sleeve shirts ready for the sweltering heat we are going to.  It has been oppressively hot in Virginia for the last month.  We haven't had the courage to tell anyone that we have been wearing sweatshirts and long pants for the past three weeks...there...the truth is out...I'd say that I felt better, but I'm too numb to feel anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment