Monday, June 27, 2016

Big Horn Canyon (Prune Creek Campground) - Dayton, WY

The last time we were in Wyoming, we were going to stay in Big Horn Canyon.  The pictures didn't look very inviting so we stayed at a KOA in Greybull. This time we went for it!  We left the barren Wyoming landscape on I-90, climbed 4000' up a mountain till we were at 8000', we went from barren to forest.  Thirty miles later we were at the small campground, all dry camping.

Prune Creek, WY
Our site, #6 was right on a meandering bubbling trout stream.  I mean this was cover of Field and Stream material. The temperature dropped from 90 on I-90 to 60. After walking along the stream for awhile, we put our chairs on the stream bank enjoying every last ray of sunshine.  I was planning to get up early to do some fly fishing but changed my mind when the temperature was 31.

There are even lodges with restaurants and a dump station down the road. This may be as close to heaven as I may get.

Indian Paintbrush


No comments:

Post a Comment