Friday, September 4, 2015

Meeman-Shelby State Park - Millington, TN

Hollandaise sauce and grilled salmon!
Left Oklahoma at 7:30 and drove through the Ozarks. Rolling wooded hills or mountains (if you use a little imagination). Meeman-Shelby is a nice little hardwood forest near Memphis, actually across the road from where I did my technical training in the Navy (that part was decommissioned in 1993). Gosh I feel old!  Speaking of getting older.  Tomorrow s my birthday, so Deb made a cake in our convection/microwave oven.  (Tomorrow we will not have power, and the oven puts a load on the batteries).  It looks really good, and as an added bonus, she asked what we could do with two egg yokes...and we had already decided on Salmon..   Yes...it was Hollandaise Sauce on the Barbie!

Then  we watched Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood .... I thought it was an adventure flick ... It was good but I probably should have googled it to set my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment