Friday, September 4, 2015

Mammoth Cave National Park - KY

Spelunking in Kentucky
It was a quick drive to Mammoth Caves.  Got in and settled by 2:30.  Deb says "you want to do a cave tour at 3:00?  Sure, but it's 95 and the dog will fry... But there is a kennel at the Hotel ... What hotel?  We close up the RV and look for the hotel ... The line at check in is long and the clerk doesn't seem to mind.  Deb gets the cave tour tickets ... I finally get the lock for the kennel that is way over there... Deb says give me the keys to the RV ... I  don't have them. ... Well I don't have them... We only have two minutes till the tour... I'll find the keys you find the kennel... Excuse me  sir, are these your keys?  We can't leave the dog here, He has no water....  Wow, there's a bowl... Just need to find a spigot.  Ah, there's the water.   How do you lock this thing?  Oh, I see... Run... Run... And we join the tour at precisely 3:00... Yes we are masters at time management...

The cave tour was thrilling.  For a general tour is was pretty tight in spaces, but the cave is huge and very long.  We walked two miles, down 350'.




Back at camp, we celebrated my birthday with garlic mashed potatoes, T-bone steak, and corn on the cob. For dessert, we had RV made vanilla cake with Ben & Jerry Cherry Garcia Ice cream.  Deb finally got her Angry Orchard (they never heard of it in Kansas or Arkansas).  I'm drinking Sorta IPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment