Thursday, June 25, 2015

Greenbrier State Park - Hagerstown, MD

Made our way from Watkin's Glen.  As we are driving, I said, "I wonder how far we are from Corning Glass?"  Turned out it was 8 miles ahead.  So we stopped at the Corning Glass Museum.  I was there as a kid, but of course, it's all different.  There were art exhibits, and technical exhibits.  We could have stayed there for a week, but alas, we had a fairly long day ahead of us, so we stayed as long as we could.  We even got to see a glass blowing demonstration.
 

After lunch, Deb drove until she said "I'm done - I am pulling over the next place I find."  Lucky for us it was a  50's style ice cream parlor.  We ate as much as we could but their portions were very large.  So we packed the rest in the freezer.

Our final night, so we had a campfire, ate ice cream and talked about the trip.  Quite a bit of rain...pretty cold - especially in Nova Scotia, and northern Maine.  Some places we would like to return to such as Watkins Glenn and Prince Edward Island.  About 10:00, the ranger stopped by, stared at Drex in disbelief..."Is that a dog?"  "Well, I won't make you move tonight, but keep him inside and be out of here by sunrise"  Somehow, I didn't realize that dogs were not allowed in either the Ash Loop, where we were (7th dry camping night) or the Birch Loop (they are OK in the Cedar Loop which also has power)

No comments:

Post a Comment