Friday, May 21, 2021

Jerrell’s Cove State Park - Shelton, WA

 It was an easy drive today, so we made Time for a long lunch at Lake Sylvia State Park.  We have not had much experience with state parks in Washington.  So first of all, there are literally hundreds of them.  None of the ones we have seen are very big.  After lunch (we only buy Bologna on road trips, it’s one of my tricks to get Deb to go with me), we hiked a loop around the lake.  My first covered bridge on a hike!



We arrived at Jerrell’s Cove in the early afternoon.  You can choose either a wooded site or an open site.  There was already a camper in the wooded site, so we took the open one.  Although very small, it is a nice park, well maintained. Deb got a real campfire, with dry hardwood.  Bologna and a campfire in the same day, I really know how to spoil a girl.

Tomorrow we have a choice, around Puget Sound counterclockwise, through Tacoma and Seattle, or clockwise, up the coast and take a ferry.  I love ferries, when I offered the two choices to Deb, she just rolled her eyes!

Wild asparagus grows everywhere! Oops, I discovered this is really Horsetail!

No comments:

Post a Comment