Thursday, August 13, 2020

Twin Lakes State Park - Burkesville, VA


On to a new Campground.  After 300 or so nights in campgrounds, Deb and I have it all down pretty well.  As we get to the site, Deb gets out and backs me in.  Typically, I find the wooden rail on the drivers side that marks the right edge of the driveway, then Deb motions me back, watching for overhanging branches.  This time as I find the rail, she is motioning me to the right and she is pretty adamant about it.  So I back more to the right. OMG! There is a huge tree right in the middle of the driveway.  None of the sites are particularly level and all have some interesting obstacle.  This is sort of like a miniature golf course, with new things at every site.  Of course, this makes for wonderful people watching.  We had nearly an hour of delight, watching a new camper trying to get a 20 foot trailer in a massively unlevel twenty foot site.  Of course, there was the late check in, with headlamps  strapped to his hat, trying to level his 40 foot trailer in the dark.

As the name implies, there are two lakes, we typically do two hikes which would logically mean that we would circumnavigate one lake in the afternoon and one lake the next morning.  And so it shall be!

No comments:

Post a Comment