Thursday, October 4, 2018

First Landing State Park - Virginia Beach, VA (Deb’s Birthday)

This is the one day a year that Deb gets to decide what we do.  Her reaction to having to make all the choices - “This is some version of Hell!”  After walking the Osmanthus Trail (to save you from Googling “Osmanthus,” it’s a flowering shrub also known as Devilwood...well isn’t that appropriate.).

Back to the RV for lunch, Greek Salad with chick peas and Greek Olives.  Off to the beach, dogless,  where Deb took a swim.  I managed to drop her phone in the water, but it seems okay.

I was particularly brave and on two occasions interacting with total strangers.  They are building a large deck right next to our site, and I went over and asked what they were doing. It’s a platform for a handicapped yurt (the last of 33 yurt platforms they are building this year).  The camp store was closed so I couldn’t buy any firewood.  Walking back, I saw the camp host had a pile of firewood, so I asked him if he knew where I could get some.  With a small huff, he gave me 4 pieces of wood, asking nothing in return (I did, later, bequeath him with a full sleeve of “Dragon in a Box” firestarters)

Dinner at Hot Tuna, a great little seafood place, where Deb had a cheeseburger(?!?).  Back at the campsite, we burned our four pieces of wood and reminisced about our three hundred or so days on the road in our cute little tardis RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment