Thursday, May 19, 2016

Elkmont Campground - Smoky Mountain NP

Another sunny day and we are headed south.  First stop Gatlinburg...not our kind of place, amusement parks, Ripley's believe it or not etc, etc.  there is a one lane road through the woods, but "NO RV'S". So we headed for Cade's Cove.  Now that is an 11 mile, one lane road, 10’ wide.  When you see a bear (we saw two), you pull off the road, a little, not wide enough for anything but a little compact to get by.  Then after 60 or 70 cars get stuck behind you, you move on at 5 mph looking for another bear.  It's interesting...and we found a nice place for lunch.

Perfect form!
On the way back to Elkmont, we found some internet.  So I got a fishing license...then we found a nice spot along a big stream.  Deb got her book out, and I got my waders.  I haven't worn them in thirty years...and they still leak!  Caught a little brookie (Deb, wants to know why I bother fishing if I am going to release them...wish I had an answer).

Finally got the Campground...no internet, so Deb, with nothing to do, started gathering firewood. (I thought I knew where this was going...but no, she didn't want a fire, she wanted some exercise) so we went for a little walk in the woods...by the time we got back...well, there is a pile of wood....it would be shame to let it go to waste.  So we had a fire...then we watched an episode of House of Cards and went to bed... 9:30... Tomorrow we go in search of Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment