Sunday, October 12, 2014

Janes Island State Park, MD

Because we had to cut our trip short by a day, I ended up with reservations at two places for the same night (we're making reservations because it's Columbus Day weekend).  As we're leaving the campsite this morning, Deb asks, "Did you cancel the reservations at the first site?" No? She gives me that pained look.  Ouch!

As we're driving down US13, I see a sign for Janes Island SP, where I was suppose to cancel.  Should I suggest we stop for lunch, or let sleeping dogs lie? We decide to go for lunch.  The place is gorgeous, we have a site right at the marina, A-51(E).  Deb makes a delicious spinach salad, while I use my Maryland Senior Pass to carve $15 off the camp fee. We've decided to spend the night!

 

After lunch, we rent a canoe and paddle all around Janes Island.  It's a long trip, but very scenic, going through the marshes.  Tonight, we are planning on having our end of trip campfire...Deb has marshmallows secretly stashed for the occasion..


Tomorrow, we pay the piper with an extra 100 miles to make up for never leaving our lunch stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment